Levi Savage recently interviewed social studies teacher Chelsey Ortega. Excerpts from their conversation can be found here:
- Tell me about your family... I have been married for 11 years. My husband is a computer programmer. We have 3 children, ages 8, 6, and 3. One boy and two girls. My husband is Hispanic, so my children are biracial.
- Can you do any cool tricks? Unique skills? I have ten years of ballroom dance experience. I just finished writing my first book, and am hoping to get it published soon.
- What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream? Any cheesecake flavor, especially raspberry cheesecake ice cream.
- Where did you graduate from high school? College? Provo High School. BYU.
- Who was your favorite teacher in school? Why? My English teacher in high school, Mr. Ricci. He cared about everyone. He lent me a book to read that he thought I would like. That book influenced me to choose to be a history teacher!
- What do you do on the weekends? I work in my garden, clean my house, and spend time with my family.
- What is your favorite hobby? Reading
- Did you go to dances in school? Do you have any dance pics you'd like to share? Yes, I did. I don’t have any digital copies though. They are all printed. I’ll have to see what I can find.
- Favorite movie? TV Show? My favorite movie is Fiddler on the Roof. My favorite TV show is Law and Order SVU.
- Least favorite food? Most favorite cuisine? My least favorite food is peas! My favorite cuisine is Italian.
- Tell me about the most memorable thing you have experienced at Landmark so far... My most memorable thing at Landmark so far was actually the hiring process. I applied on a Wednesday, interviewed on Friday, was hired on Monday, and started my first day on Tuesday! Since I was hired between mini terms, I had to get ready at lightning speed. I have been so impressed with how patient all of my students have been as I have slowly organized my classroom and got the lessons up to speed. You all rock!