Landmark's Nebo HERO: September 2017Published by chelsie.young on Mon, 10/02/2017 - 19:45
At the beginning of each school year, faculty from around the district come together to hear a positive, empowering message to kick off the new school year. This year's speaker and message was one of the best I've been to; which is really saying something. Author and speaker Kevin Brown shared with us the idea and message of putting forth a H.E.R.O.'s effort. A HERO:
- Helps people with no strings attached.
- Creates an Exceptional Experience for the people they serve.
- Takes Responsibility for their attitude, actions, and results.
- Sees life through the lens of Optimism.
September 2017's HERO is Janna Manookin!
Chelsie Young said:
Janna is the manager of Dragon Training/Student Success. She works hard to make sure students who spend time with her are living up to the Vital Behaviors while they are in her care. They are productive and with long-term exposure, end up with a more positive attitude and cooperative spirit. She indeed trains students to become true Dragons.
- HELPS with no strings attached- her commitment to helping students succeed is contagious. Because she's so good at it you want to be better. Even if you're just helping her help others.
- Creates and EXCEPTIONAL Experience- the moment she was back in dragon training she came and started gathering notebooks and work for students.
- Takes RESPONSIBILITY for her attitude, actions, and results- it doesn't matter what she is tasked with, she will make sure she does her best.
- OPTIMISM: She believes in our students. She sits on them until they will put forth some effort and gets them to see that they can do it. She doesn't give up, even when they've decided not to try. She continues to be optimistic for them and about them.
Kristeen Zeeman said:
Janna is very dedicated to our students and their success. She takes a personal interest in them and their successes as well as failures. She is willing to help whenever and wherever needed. I admire her for her positive attitude in everything she does.
Scott Carson said:
Janna goes the extra mile for every student that is placed before her. She works tirelessly to help them succeed even when she wants it more than they do. I have seen her shed tears of joy when a difficult student has turned their attitude around and felt success.